North Well Rehabilitation and Testing
Western Municipal Water District (2014)
In order to mitigate sand production in Western Municipal Water District’s North Well, TH&Co was retained to develop a rehabilitation program for the well. After review of an initial video log, holes were observable in a perforated portion of the casing. TH&Co developed a rehabilitation plan that included swaging a patch liner into the perforated casing opposite the hole.
TH&Co provided a full range of onsite inspection and reporting services during rehabilitation including:
- Initial removal of debris and bailing of the well
- Initial and confirmation down hole videos
- Mechanical rehabilitation by wire brushing
- Inspection and analysis of CITM
- Swaging a liner into a perforated section of the well
The rehabilitation program developed by TH&Co was successful at mitigating the sand content in the discharge from the well.